Monday, February 9, 2009

A Realization

I've come to realize I'm officially addicted to watching movies. I knew before that I enjoyed a movie here and there, but now I've realized, I could watch movies for the rest of my life. I can sit and watch movies day in and day out. And don't even think about one movie ending and me not having another one to watch. That's when I sit there wondering, "What am I gonna do now?" For the past few days, Tim and I (more or less just me, seeing as how he rarely stays awake) have been watching movies that we've never seen. I continue to find a love for each movie! Once upon a time, I always thought I could only watch horror/mystery movies and action movies were only for guys. Now, I've come to realize I LOVE guys' action movies! Maybe it's because most horror flicks nowadays don't really interest me because of the lack of thought and time the creators seem to be putting into them. I don't know....but I will say I now have a better understanding, an appreciation, for action flicks, and I'm much more likely to pick up an action movie that I think I might like than risk paying for a horror flick that might be a good pick.

So, here's a short list of the movies I've thoroughly enjoyed watching lately. Hopefully you'll go out and test these flicks on your own!
  • Traitor: featuring Don Cheadle (an amazing actor), he's a terrorist AGAINST the US
  • Vantage Point: starring Dennis Quaid, he protects the US President from terrorists, or so he thinks
  • Deja Vu: starring Denzel Washington (that should already tell you it's a great movie), he tries to solve a bombing, but he ends up being a part of a special government team and tries to change what happened
  • Wanted: featuring Angelina Jolie, James McAvoy, & Morgan Freeman; McAvoy is entered into a fraternity that's supposed to help him avenge his father's death, but they have plans of their own
  • The Family That Preys: a Tyler Perry film (so you know it's a great pick), features Sanaa Lathan, Taraji P. Henson, Kathy Bates, & Alfre Woodard; this movie is sooo moving, and it has a great ending
  • The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian: I was never a fan of the books until I watched the first movie, that's when I read the first book and now the second movie is just as compelling
  • The Golden Compass: featuring Nicole Kidman & Daniel Craig, I thought this was just a kid's movie & I wouldn't like it, but I watched it and I was amazed because it really was a great pick

1 comment:

loong said...

in course of time ,save time to make sense things.
have a good time